(Archived) Doubling files - remove EN for Mac?

freemach

Idea

I am sure this has been answered before, so please forgive a EN forum newbie but my macbook air is running out of space.

Common sense tells me a big contributor to this is simply because I am doubling files by having them on mac hard-drive and then adding them to notes on EN using the Mac desktop app as well.

It is nice having the files available offline, but not if I run out of space on my mac.

So, is my best bet to remove the EN for mac from my macbook air, and just use the web based EN service, understanding that I can only access these files when online? Or is there another option?

If removal of EN for mac is the best plan then how do I do this and also remove any files associated with the EN for mac?

If this has been answered before directions to the answer would really be great. Or if anyone is feeling very generous a simple idiots guide would really be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

How about removing the duplicate files from your Mac's file system and just keeping them in Evernote?

There are a couple of apps out there that clean up all the data and stuff that applications spray over your file system - I use App Delete, if you decide to go down that route.

How about removing the duplicate files from your Mac's file system and just keeping them in Evernote?

There are a couple of apps out there that clean up all the data and stuff that applications spray over your file system - I use App Delete, if you decide to go down that route.

I have been using an app named duplicate files deleter which is quite effective to do so.

• Level 5*

I have been using an app named duplicate files deleter which is quite effective to do so.

This appears to be a Windows product. As you can probably see, this post is for Mac.

Archived