(Archived) Terrible indexing

electric

Idea

Upgraded to latest EN after not using for a while.

Type an' R' and I might get [200]

Indexing does not even come close. Terrible is not the word for it, useless is.

Older version was always useful with jpg input

Imported 4 notes from an archive that I've had for at least a couple of years.

Indexed in the earlier version. Same quality input but search finds Parma when I type Par.

Latest version would not come close.

??

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Upgraded to latest EN after not using for a while.

Type an' R' and I might get [200]

Indexing does not even come close. Terrible is not the word for it, useless is.

Older version was always useful with jpg input

Imported 4 notes from an archive that I've had for at least a couple of years.

Indexed in the earlier version. Same quality input but search finds Parma when I type Par.

Latest version would not come close.

??

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I am afraid I didn't understand your post. Are you saying that you imported some notes into Evernote and the search results are different now than they were before? The example you gave seems to suggest that what is bothering you is the automatic wildcard searching that Evernote is doing now. I agree, it isn't my favorite change to the behavior, but it is easily remedied by searching with quotation marks: "Par" instead of Par.

The best I can reply right now is my old notes were indexed the first of this year and after they were imported into 3.3.1 the indexing must have stayed with the old note. I could find them by just typing a few letters as the example above for [Parma].

3.3.1 finds them as before [fuzzy logic]

Anything scanned within the past 2 days using the same scanners to jpg won't index properly. Can't find anything right.

Example:typing "Da" won't find Danny on a note scanned today. Many issues like this .

Even upgraded to premium just to see if I got better results. [No Go] Using system 10.7.4

Thanks for the help hope I'm clearer.

• Level 5*
Example:typing "Da" won't find Danny on a note scanned today. Many issues like this .

If it was scanned today, it may not have been indexed by the servers yet. There's a delay, even for premium users.

• Level 5*

The best I can reply right now is my old notes were indexed the first of this year and after they were imported into 3.3.1 the indexing must have stayed with the old note. I could find them by just typing a few letters as the example above for [Parma].

3.3.1 finds them as before [fuzzy logic]

Anything scanned within the past 2 days using the same scanners to jpg won't index properly. Can't find anything right.

Even upgraded to premium just to see if I got better results. [No Go] Using system 10.7.4

Thanks for the help hope I'm clearer.

OK. You have attachments in .jpg format. You want Evernote to OCR them. However, the OCR is not operating as well as before. Does this sound right? There are so many variables here. An easy test of this, though, would be to save a copy of your properly indexed stuff (that "Parma" note), and then drag it into a note. See if it works the same or not.

In my case, Evernote generally cannot correctly OCR any of my handwriting, so I don't think much about relying on it. Other people might have everything OCR'd perfectly, but I haven't been so lucky. Maybe your new notes are written by someone with poor handwriting like me?

Archived