(Archived) Request: Evernote and Apple TV

• Level 5*

I just got an Apple TV (I threw in the towel on the six-year old Windows XP box I had hooked up to the TV), and I am loving it. I am pretty keen on the AirPlay mirroring, but wish we could play a video on the computer and send it to the tv while viewing another app on the Mac. It's not a big deal. However, it would be nice not to have to give up doing work on my computer while something is running on the TV.

Obviously, the Apple TV is brilliant for home entertainment, but I could also see this as a great device to have for meetings or presentations. When I mirrored the Mac it worked fine with Evernote. On the iPad, though, the screen was pretty small. Any chance to make Evernote fill the TV screen (like it does with the Video app, for example? Otherwise, it is too small to use in the conference room. I am hoping I just haven't figured it out, and someone knows a way. Anyone?

• Level 5*

Quasi OT - we got Apple TV last year & LOVE it!!!

Not off-topic at all :)

Frankly, I had no interest in the product at all until Mountain Lion added the ability to mirror my display. That changed it from a "waste of money" to a replacement for my old, virus-ridden XP machine, and I ended up getting rid of one DVD/Blu-Ray Player and an old DVD/VHS player as well. They just weren't necessary anymore. It was quite liberating, and a lot better than buying another computer just to hook up to the TV.

And, I can see how this would be great for educational settings (now I can walk around with my iPad instead of being tied to the lectern with the VGA cable) or business meetings. I am not exactly sure if/when I will actually be able to implement this (I have to convince my department to purchase the Apple TV first), but it is at least looking like a possibility. I was disappointed, though, to see that Evernote does not look very good going out of my iPad. I will play with it a bit more, but I am not sure how I will get it to take advantage of the entire screen (assuming that is even possible in iOS 5).

Archived