(Archived) REQUEST: Search All Folders Option

Hey, idea for a simple update that would help save me time. Right now, if I'm searching for something or hit a tag and I'm not in a folder that matches those terms, I get a notice that says "No notes found. View all notes". All well and good, but if you clikc "view all notes" then you have to run your search or tag click again. Be great to have a "Search all notes" or "View all notes with this tag" option there as well...having to run the same search twice is annoying. Thanks!

• Level 5*

It's possible to do this sort of thing on some platforms (Windows, for example). Please specify which Evernote client you are using, and maybe someone can tell you how to do it on that client.

Sorry, I don't think I explained it very well. I'm using Windows 7, btw.

So say I have two folders, a "Quotes" folder and a "Recipe" folder. If I'm inside the Quotes folder and search for "Brownies", it will come up with no notes and ask me if I want to view all notes. When I click this option though it clears out my last search from the search bar and I have to type it in again. (By this point I'm extra hungry) It'd be nice to have Evernote indicate that it didn't find any matches inside of the current folder but offer to show you matches in other folders as well.

Same with tags...if I'm insides of the Quotes folder yet and click on a tag I have called "projects" it will tell me that no notes were found and ask if I want to view all notes, and after doing that I need to click on the projects tag again to see my matches. I'd rather have something that says "No tag matches were found inside this folder. View all matches?" Does that help explain it better?

• Level 5*

I always run my Windows client with the Show Search Explanation turned on (View / Show Search Explanation, or use the F8 hotkey).This contains a dropdown that allows you to pick a different notebook, but using the current search terms.

I always run my Windows client with the Show Search Explanation turned on (View / Show Search Explanation, or use the F8 hotkey).This contains a dropdown that allows you to pick a different notebook, but using the current search terms.

Search explaination is Ctrl + F10 :P

Ah, that does help, thanks! Who knew...

Archived