(Archived) high cpu, around 85%, while typing

rps

Idea

hello,

been using evernote heavily for a few months. this problem seems to have occurred more recently, but that could just be my memory or perception. currently using the latest Version 3.3.0 (300201), but this happened last version i was using, too.

basically, quite often now, when i type in notes, i get a pretty large boost in cpu usage - around 80-85%. this causes typing to be almost impossible. when i stop typing, the characters appearing catch up to where i stopped, and the cpu drops down from the top of my activity monitor off the screen (so, to 0.0 to 0.1%).

13-inch, 2.53 GHz Mid 2009 macbook pro with 4gb ram and 128gb SSD (23gb free). Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4.

what seemed to have been an intermittent problem now happens all the time. this occurs when i am online or offline. restarting evernote does not help. it now makes evernote near useless for taking notes realtime. any ideas how i can fix this? thanks!

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

I am not sure what could be causing the problem on your end, and you may want to start a support ticket (see my signature below) to get some expert advice, but one thing I would try is switching the sync to manual. Syncing slows things down a lot for me.

thanks for the reply and link. i will report it there - didn't find that before!

even if i have no internet connection, this problem occurs. so, i don't think it is sync that is the problem. right now, it is set to every 15 minutes. however, this problem is consistent and constant now, not intermittent.

• Level 5*

been using evernote heavily for a few months. this problem seems to have occurred more recently, but that could just be my memory or perception. currently using the latest Version 3.3.0 (300201), but this happened last version i was using, too.

basically, quite often now, when i type in notes, i get a pretty large boost in cpu usage - around 80-85%. this causes typing to be almost impossible. when i stop typing, the characters appearing catch up to where i stopped, and the cpu drops down from the top of my activity monitor off the screen (so, to 0.0 to 0.1%).

I don't know if this is related to your problem or not, but it might be.

See Issue: FireFox Mac 14 May Cause High CPU Usage

• Level 5*

thanks for passing that along. however, i do not have flash installed on my computer. the slowdown described is only in evernote. everything else works just fine.

OK. Thanks for passing that along.

I rarely see a Beachball when I'm typing in Evernote. So it may be an individual Mac configuration thing.

But I'm definitely going to keep my eye out for that now.

Archived