(Archived) REQUEST: restore previous paste-behavior (EN *not* coming to forefront)

soundsgoodtome

Idea

in the early days of EN, when i'd paste copied data into the app (using ⌃⌘V and with the app already running), the data was pasted in the background without the app coming to the forefront. that behavior was convenient for a number of reasons, not the least of which was avoiding having to then dismiss EN and manually return the previous app to the forefront. but at some point, approximately a couple of years ago, this behavior changed -- and, with all due respect, not for the better. :-)

while the dismissal of EN and the retrieval of the previous app, once or twice, might not be a big deal, my sessions typically consist of several dozen clippings -- sometimes over a hundred -- which makes this new(er) behavior quite annoying; i'm constantly having to bring my primary app back to the forefront.

why was this changed? seeing the dock-icon bounce and/or hearing the clipping-confirmation sound is more than sufficient.

can we please have the previous behavior back? (as always, since i can envision *some* users preferring the current behavior, a preference would be the ideal implementation.)

please note that i am not referring to the option "bring the clip to the front" that currently resides in the preferences. i already have that option disabled. instead, i'm referring to the entire EN application: every time i paste anything into it using ⌃⌘V, the entire app comes to the forefront, hiding the app in which i was working. (quite ironically, this actually defeats the purpose of disabling "bring the clip to the front.")

can this be remedied? :-)

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

If you check EN Mac Preferences > Clipping, you should find options that can be checked/unchecked for what happens

AFTER clipping:

• Bring the clip to the front
  • Bounce the dock
  • Play a sound

• Level 5*

please read my post thoroughly. :-)

My apologies. You are quite right.

please note that i am not referring to the option "bring the clip to the front" that currently resides in the preferences. i already have that option disabled. instead, i'm referring to the entire EN application: every time i paste anything into it using ⌃⌘V, the entire app comes to the forefront, hiding the app in which i was working. (quite ironically, this actually defeats the purpose of disabling "bring the clip to the front.")

I just confirmed this behavior. Looks like a BUG to me.

You may want to file an official bug report via a Evernote Support Ticket.

Archived