(Archived) What does this mean?

I was inserting illustrations from the web under New Note. When I was trying to arrange some of the illustrations within New Note, part of it disappeared and then I saw this: ATTATCHMENT.BIN OB Please tell me what this means. I just downloaded Evernote yesterday, and I am not technologically advanced! TIA!

Hi Melanye, welcome to the forum :)

I have seen this before, but am not entirely sure what causes it. Though I think it is related to moving attachments around, so for example dragging an image to another place in the note.

I tend to use the Copy and Paste right click options when moving images around notes, to avoid issues like this, and it seems (in my version of Evernote at least) that I cannot even drag and drop some images anyway.

What version of Evernote are you using and which platform are you using it on? (Windows/Mac etc..)

Also, are you aware of the Evernote web clipper?

It is a browser extension that allows you to effectively copy a website into Evernote.

This would save you the trouble of manually copying and pasting the information from a website into Evernote. Just load the page, press the Clipper button and save your clip.

http://evernote.com/webclipper/

Scott

• Level 5*

I was inserting illustrations from the web under New Note. When I was trying to arrange some of the illustrations within New Note, part of it disappeared and then I saw this: ATTATCHMENT.BIN OB Please tell me what this means. I just downloaded Evernote yesterday, and I am not technologically advanced! TIA!

I don't think I have ever seen this. Scott had some good advice about the Web Clipper. The ob at the end looks odd to me, but I am not an expert on this. You may want to start a support ticket (see my signature), but I am afraid that the weekend is coming up, so you might have to wait a little for an answer. Keep us updated :)

The 0B refers to filesize.

I *think* this topic may be somewhat related:

When testing then, I got the same "Attachment.bin 0B" issue, however now I see what the op saw in that thread, odd filename and the filesize

• Level 5*

The 0B refers to filesize.

I *think* this topic may be somewhat related:

http://discussion.ev...pboard-contend/

When testing then, I got the same "Attachment.bin 0B" issue, however now I see what the op saw in that thread, odd filename and the filesize

Ahhh! Of course :)

I thought it was connected to the extension and thought that just could not be right. OK. I get it. Maybe the reason I don't see it much is because I mainly use the Mac, and the OP is using Windows?

Archived