(Archived) Hello!

New here. New to Evernote, so I came here to learn a thing or two before going out and buying a book. I figured I'd learn more here, but it might take longer.

My name is Quinn, I'm a designer (web and graphic) as well as a semi-pro photographer who loves to dink around with photoshop. I do a fair bit of writing (prose and poetry), and I want to use Evernote to help me stay organized.

I don't know much about Evernote, heck, practically nothing, recently installed Evernote in my PC and iPhone and came here, but I love the idea of becoming paperless (save a tree and get rid of all this clutter). I came here to learn how to share things and collaborate with a client or clients with evernote, but just looking around I see there's so much more to learn.

Hope to have a fun and productive time in this community.

See Y'all in the funny papers!

• Level 5*

New here. New to Evernote, so I came here to learn a thing or two before going out and buying a book. I figured I'd learn more here, but it might take longer.

My name is Quinn, I'm a designer (web and graphic) as well as a semi-pro photographer who loves to dink around with photoshop. I do a fair bit of writing (prose and poetry), and I want to use Evernote to help me stay organized.

I don't know much about Evernote, heck, practically nothing, recently installed Evernote in my PC and iPhone and came here, but I love the idea of becoming paperless (save a tree and get rid of all this clutter). I came here to learn how to share things and collaborate with a client or clients with evernote, but just looking around I see there's so much more to learn.

Hope to have a fun and productive time in this community.

See Y'all in the funny papers!

Hi. Welcome to this merry herd of elephants. There is a bunch to learn on this forum. First of all, you posted in the forum for Evernote Hello, which is a product made to record encounters with people. That's cool, but I'll move your post to the general forum, if that's OK. You'll get more people responding there.

I've got a few links to helpful sites that can get you started with Evernote.

http://www.princeton.edu/~cmayo/evernote-links.html

Some of them, not surprisingly, are blogs and so forth run by forum members. Hope you enjoy Evernote, and feel free to post any questions you have. It is Sunday, but assuming everyone still has power (big problems in the NE again), they'll respond pretty quickly :)

Hi, and welcome.

Evernote uses the elephant as its symbol, and I think it's a good one in more ways than one. Remember the parable of the blind guys and the elephant, where a bunch of blind guys gave there impressions of what an elephant was like? "It's flat like a wall," "It's wriggly like a snake," "It's thin like a rope," etc.

Evernote is like that: different things to different people.

For me, it helps to think of three great qualities Evernote has:

1. Retention - it lets you store stuff

2. Search - it lets you retrieve stuff

3. Portability - it lets you store and retrieve stuff wherever you are

I'm constantly looking around at things I store (or piles of things I should store), and things I want to retrieve. When I find stuff like that, i ask myself "Could Evenote make this easier/more accessible? Could Evernote make it possible for me to throw out this physical object?" If so, that thing is a good candidate for using Evernote upon.

Hope this helps.

Archived