REQUEST: Highlighting

snakyjake

I'm using Evernote for Windows and desperately need the ability to highlight. For the life of me I cannot understand how this simple and common feature is omitted.

Sure, I can take highlighted text from MS Outlook email and copy into Evernote. But adding/removing highlighting from within Evernote should be a standard feature...of any note taking.

Jake

• Level 5

Highlighting is not supported (yet). You can select the color of your font if you wish but highlighting: no.

Wern

• Level 5

Every few weeks/months/years threads pop up requesting highlighting. It's been in the iOS version for a long time now, so not sure what the holdup is on adding it to the Windows client. But for whatever internal reason, EN has decided this feature is not very important. There are probably 10-15 unique threads all requesting this feature if you search back. Suffice it to say there are definitely a lot of users who are looking for this feature to be added. We can only hope at this point because Yet Another thread is unlikely to sway their decision either way.

I suggest perhaps one of these:

-stick pins in voodoo doll

-do rain dance

-burn some incense

-sacrifice baby goat

Good luck.

Adding it to the Windows version AND the web version. The software has the capability, as I can copy/paste highlighted text from MS word and websites into EverNote. I just need the feature added to the toolbar.

And while they are at it, there need to be more work done to editing the format.

I just don't get how highlighting can be overlooked; it is what I do with paper. I sometimes clip a large amount of text for context, but want to highlight critical phrases within a bunch of text.

• 1 month later...

I agree with all of this -- please, please, please add highlighting and annotation functions similar to Scrible (www.scrible.com) for all notes. If Evernote is truly attempting to be the replacement for stacks of notebooks and paper, leaving this function out completely undermines all that good work. The natural workflow of clipping, noting, and organizing information absolutely requires annotation.

• 2 weeks later...

Every few weeks/months/years threads pop up requesting highlighting. It's been in the iOS version for a long time now, so not sure what the holdup is on adding it to the Windows client. But for whatever internal reason, EN has decided this feature is not very important. There are probably 10-15 unique threads all requesting this feature if you search back. Suffice it to say there are definitely a lot of users who are looking for this feature to be added. We can only hope at this point because Yet Another thread is unlikely to sway their decision either way.

I suggest perhaps one of these:

-stick pins in voodoo doll

-do rain dance

-burn some incense

-sacrifice baby goat

Good luck.

I just sacrificed a baby goat. And now I'm holding my breath. I've been waiting for this functionality for years. Evernote, please, please, please make this an option. I've been using Evernote premium for years. I tell all my friends about it. I'm actually quite the Evernote prophet. This one change would make worlds of difference for me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi.

The fact that you've omitted this for so long tells me you don't care. Already, the editor itself is sub-par, lackluster, and generally a pain to use. I'm tired of waiting.

I've bee considering OneNote for some time, but until now I haven't been fed up enough to transfer my important data over.

Sorry guys, this may be it for me. I'm tired of the bologna.

On top of everything else, your Windows 8 UI app is terribly disappointing.

I wish you'd prioritize quality a little more. Having cross-platform clients is frustrating to me when they aren't a consistent experience.

• 2 months later...

I use Evernote as a GTD task management tool and not having highlighting is my only complaint. I have been using different colored text and bold but it is not the same. Please add highlighting to Windows. Thanks

Archived