(Archived) HELP [Firefox]: Clip failed

RusI

When i try to import selected text from a particular web page into desktop client i get this errormessage:

An error occurred while processing clipped data (import failed: MISSING_NOTE_TITLE)

Can i fix this problem, since i would really like to be able to clip from this page.

• Level 5*

Interesting. Clipping the whole page under Chrome 19.0.1084.52 m worked fine. Selecting a couple of paragraphs, and using right-click, Evernote Web Clipper / Clip selection failed; the Web Clipper popup came up with an error:

Unable to save clip

Unknown error occurred while trying to save one of your clips. Error Message undefined.
  • 2 months later...

After clipping selections many previous times from this same website successfully, I have the identical problem discussed in this topic:

"An error occurred while processing clipped data (import failed: MISSING_NOTE_TITLE)"

URL: http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/paragon-sys-backup-10-5-spec/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+giveawayoftheday%2Ffeed+%28Giveaway+of+the+Day%29

Firefox version 14.0.1

evernote 4.5.8.7356 public

User Rusl posted his answer to jbignert (Evernote employee) on 30 May. This is Aug 22 and there's no answer yet. Please don't ignore this problem.

• 5 months later...

Hi, we will have a fix coming soon for this issue.

As a temporary workaround:

1) Replace the title of the note with something less than 255+ characters.

I'm still having this problem and I can't get to the part of changing the name because since then it's just loading. I can't clip another note since, it just comes up as loading and nothing happens from there.

Ok - we have rolled out a fix for the authentication issue that has been causing serious problems the last day. Please let me know if anyone is still experiencing problems.

- You may need to logout & re-login.

- You may have to restart the browser or clear the cache.

Archived