Clipper for SeaMonkey

LewisR

Idea

Greetings, all...

At the request of a client, I've tweaked the 5.1.0.241767 beta of the Firefox extension to install under SeaMonkey, on all previously supported platforms and added support for OS/2 (which is handled like Linux, but uses the same path separators as Windows). I've tested it under SeaMonkey 2.7.2 on OS/2 (eComStation 2.1), 2.9.1 on openSUSE 12.1, and 2.9.1 on Windows 2000 (I don't have a Mac handy at the moment).

I'd like to submit the changes to Evernote for possible inclusion in official releases, but need approval as the code does not appear to be open source.

5 replies to this idea

Thanks, Peter; done.

I've also updated my changes for the latest release of the Firefox extension (5.1.0.252437); no further modifications needed for this build beyond what I already did.

I got an acknowledgement from Support indicating that they would pass my diff along to the development team, so hopefully, my changes will be incorporated in a future release.

Cheers

Well, still no official acknowledgement from Evernote, but I have a build of web clipper installable under later/current SeaMonkey builds, and based on the 5.9.1 Firefox extension.

If you browse my FTP site (ftp.<the domain in my signature>), under /pub/Mozilla/Extensions/modified-for-SM-2.x, you might find something of interest. These are not official releases, and are subject to being removed from the server upon request by the lawful owner of the code, but hopefully, some people here may find them of use until an official SeaMonkey build arrives.

Cheers

Archived