(Archived) A thief took a picture at his home and synced it with my online evernote account. Where can I get the geo location data of this note?

Majopoja

Hey all,

Two weeks ago my Samsung Infuse with Evernote was stolen in bar..

But couple of days ago, the thief took a picture in his living room and synced it accidently with my evernote online account. I remember that I could always see the location of my notes on my mobile. Is it also possible to see where my note has been taken after it has been uploaded to my online account? (The picture itself has no geo location data included, but what about this note in general?)

I'm looking forward to hearing your comments!

Cheers

Matt

Welcome to the forums.

The note may have geo location data. You could check via e.g. Windows desktop client.

More important issue however is that you should have immediately changed all your passwords for accounts that were registered on your device. Specifically, you should have changed your password for Evernote.

Search for e.g. "latitude:*" to find all notes with geo location data.

Hey Owyn,

thank you for your quick and professional response.

I've just checked it and the note unfortunatelly doen't have any geo location data.

All my important accounts are already blocked. But I'll leave the evernote account unchanged hoping that more pictures will follow.

CHeers

All my important accounts are already blocked. But I'll leave the evernote account unchanged hoping that more pictures will follow.

Or...the thief could delete all your notes & sync... So you better have a backup that would not exceed your monthly upload amount, if so & if you needed to re-upload all your notes.

Archived