(Archived) HOWTO: Download Evernote from the Mac App Store? [ANSWERED]

mkraft77

Idea

I'm completely new to Evernote. On the main page (http://evernote.com/getting_started/#1), Mac users are advised to download Evernote from the Mac App Store.

When I click on the button to do that, I end up on the Mac App Store page for Evernote; however, no 'download' option is displayed.

There is a button to "View in App Store" but when I click on that, I'm asked for an "application" to use.

I have no idea what that means. Use an application to download?

In short: Can someone please tell me how to download Evernote for Mac?

Thanks.

9 replies to this idea

Open the App Store application on your Mac then search for Evernote. You'll be presented with the app to download.

Thanks. I somehow managed to figure it out (i.e., downloading). I couldn't tell you how I did, but I now have the program open.

I didn't realize there was also a Mac App Store 'program,' never having used it. I don't understand why the program isn't activated automatically if it's required for downloading -- What other program would the user want to use to download Evernote (from the Mac App Store)?

(P.S. - Is there no way to preview your posts before clicking on 'Post'?)

(P.S. - Is there no way to preview your posts before clicking on 'Post'?)

You can preview your post if it's the first to start a topic, but not if it's a reply. You can edit any post of yours after its up.

Actually you can preview any of your posts. Click the "More Reply Options" at the bottom right of the text entry box then click "Preview Post." You'll see the preview above the text edit area. When you are happy just click "Add Reply"

Actually you can preview any of your posts. Click the "More Reply Options" at the bottom right of the text entry box then click "Preview Post." You'll see the preview above the text edit area. When you are happy just click "Add Reply"

Thanks, I noticed that soon after posting. It would be preferable to have 'Preview' as a default option, eliminating the need to open an additional screen.

Open the App Store application on your Mac then search for Evernote. You'll be presented with the app to download. Or if you don't like the app store you can download directly from EN here

What had actually happened is that Evernote had downloaded in the background. There were no alerts, so I wasn't aware it was happening and ended up with five or six downloads of the .dmg package.

Now, following a number of restarts following crashes, I keep finding that after my computer starts up, Evernote (the .dmg file) tries to download again.

I've never run into that before. Is this a known issue?

What had actually happened is that Evernote had downloaded in the background. There were no alerts, so I wasn't aware it was happening and ended up with five or six downloads of the .dmg package.

Now, following a number of restarts following crashes, I keep finding that after my computer starts up, Evernote (the .dmg file) tries to download again.

Never had that happen, but if you are using Firefox check your settings to make sure the download window is set to display (Firefox>preferences>General>(check) "Show the downloads window when downloading a file.")

Never had that happen, but if you are using Firefox check your settings to make sure the download window is set to display (Firefox>preferences>General>(check) "Show the downloads window when downloading a file.")

Thanks. Yes, that option is/was checked. At this point (download accomplished) I'm less concerned with not having been alerted to the download (or actually, multi-downloads) than the fact that immediately following every system reset (three so far since downloading the EN client package), the same .dmg file has tried to download again. I'll wait and see whether it happens a 4th time.

Archived