(Archived) I LOVE IT...But don't want to loose my data

I love this software. I have been using it for a total of 5 days and it's just what I've been looking for. I was wondering, if I upgrade to premium do I get some additional assurance my data wont get deleted? I know this is Beta and trust me, I work in IT so that's why I'm a little concerned about my data being lost if something goes horribly wrong.

Both Free and Premium accounts are maintained indefinitely, unless you delete your own data.

However, you should also consider one advantage of Evernote compared to web-only offerings. If you install either of our desktop clients, you have a full copy of your entire account on your own computer, so you can always access your data there.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave,

Sorry for rehashing an old post, but isn't it true that if I go onto the web client and delete a note(s), then it/they will be deleted from any synchronized local client? So if the data gets deleted from the servers, will that affect my local copies?

Evernote has implemented a synchronization model that is similar to what you will get with email. If you synchronize a mail client with a mail system, it will show all of the messages that are on the mail server, and if you delete one of those from the server, it will go away from your mail clients.

If you ask to delete a note on Evernote's web service (or on a client) and then sync, we permanently remove the copy of the note from the service for privacy reasons, and this synchronizes out to all of your clients. You can, of course, back up your local database if you choose. With the upcoming release, you'll also be able to export some or all of your notes to local XML files that you can import again on either Mac or Windows.

• 2 weeks later...
If you install either of our desktop clients, you have a full copy of your entire account on your own computer, so you can always access your data there.

I just found this software about an hour ago and it seems like something I'll really like. Where on my Mac hard drive might I find my data to access if needed?

Thank you.

Archived