Evernote for Portfolios

MC_Otter

Back in February there was a post on the Noteworthy Blog about a teacher using Evernote to create portfolios for his middle schools students (You can find the post here if you didn't see it http://blog.evernote.com/2012/02/28/how-to-create-a-portfolio-with-evernote-education-series/) That made me have the idea to do the same for the work I've done in college. In today's economy, portfolios are very important. So I decided to create my own portfolio in Evernote! It's really limited and basic right now, but I'm hoping to expand it over the summer.

Does anyone else use Evernote for their digital portfolio? What kinds of things do you include?

• Level 5*

Just to endorse the general concept, I've been adding documents and data to my account with the tags 'pedigree' and 'showreel' so that I can use anything to hand - a web connection, my laptop or my 'phone - to demonstrate my expertise and the type of work I've done for other clients.

It's useful - especially the portable version - for those unexpected conversations when I want to show a solution I already applied for a particular problem. It's incredibly useful because I no longer have papers stashed on top of cabinets, tucked into shelves and wedged into corners that relate to work I've done but can't throw out yet because it was to some degree or other awesome - it's now all in Evernote and my life is heading towards a Paper Free Zone.

Plus I can find stuff quickly instead of turning rooms upside down; and I can go through all the shelves and drawers and find the stuff that has stayed determinedly lost for months or years, scan it and (finally) bin it.

Thanks to EN my environment is a lot leaner and greener (pun intended - sorry) and all the paper I have is soon going to be 1) what came in today and 2) the project(s) I'm actively working on but haven't delivered yet.

When I started in computing Windows was in beta, so the amount of history I accumulated has been correspondingly large - I've said before though that it's never too early to start being paper free; you wouldn't believe how fast that stuff builds up if you don't prune regularly and hard.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm a first time user of EN. We can upload ppt presentations to this, right? Even audio or video files?

Welcome to Evernote! Yes you can upload all of those files into a note. If you're using the Desktop client, just drag the file into the note and then sync!

Archived