(Archived) JDBCConnectionException during Sync

scyv

Hello!

I'm just having problems to sync my Android Device with Evernote. It says: "JDBCConnectionException".

I have the same problem on two different Devices and different networks (Tablet, Mobile Phone, WLAN and UMTS).

Also, I cannot use the Web Platform as it is telling me, there was a communication Error.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a known problem with your servers or is there a Problem with my Account?

Thanks and best regards,

Scyv

• Level 5

I was one of those tweeters - though you might not have seen me @patrickh. :-) I'm seeing the same problem on OSX, iPhone and Web. On the Web I get the very same "Communication error" nastygram. A contact of mine was reporting OK syncing so it might at an individual server level.

Martin

I'm having the same sync issues - I get the JDBCConnectionException error on my Android tablet, I'm getting "Sync failed due to unexpected problem at server side" on the Windows 7 desktp client, and on the web client in Firefox 9.0.1 I get "Communication Error: There was a problem communicating with the Evernote service. Please wait while the connection is automatically restored."

I've been getting this since yesterday evening Eastern time (Jan 21, 2012).

• Level 5

@Fww2751 Maybe that explains why I got a failure to clip on the iPhone clipper last night (UK time - 8 hours ahead of Evernote Central). I got an automated email suggesting there was something wrong with doing the clipping. It's fascinating figuring out which bits of the infrastructure it affects. My money is still on it being one of the shard servers. After all the web app frame loads but not the content. It's not authorisation. And another has reported everything OK for their account.

Martin

• 4 weeks later...

During the day (2/13) I suddenly couldn't use Evernote on the web. I get this error message: "Communication Error There was a problem communicating with the Evernote service. Please wait while the connection is automatically restored."

Why? What do I do? It worked fine this morning.

I'm using a Dell laptop, Windows 7 operating system.

Archived