(Archived) Saved Search Syntax - exclude a Notebook?

I have a notebook for archived noted. I'd like to exclude this notebook from several of my saved searches. Is this possible? If so, what would the syntax be? If not, could I get this added to the feature request list?

Thanks,

Rick

crane's right, I mis-remembered the search grammar. What I said won't work at all, sorry.

Searches are either in a single notebook, or they are across all notebooks. This reflects the behavior of the UI, and the bias towards intersection (AND) over union (OR) in our search engine (and other consumer search interfaces).

the bias towards intersection (AND) over union (OR) in our search engine (and other consumer search interfaces).

Just out of curiosity, what are these "other consumer search interfaces" that focus on AND? Way way back, it was stated that you were mimicing google search (e.g., we lost the ability to search for any non-alphanumeric characters, like @). But Google most certainly has a stronger search interface, e.g., AND, OR, NOT, and any combination with brackets.

Every search interface I can think of defaults to AND behavior, as does ours. I'm just saying that (notebook:Foo AND notebook:Bar) will always result in an empty set, by definition. So the default conjunction behavior just results in a confusing result with multiple notebooks.

Yes, but what I really want is -notebook:Foo -notebook:Bar blah blah blah

You've already got AND and a bit of NOT. With that, I can do great things. Except for the fact that I'm limited to no more than one notebook in any saved search.

Archived