(Archived) Monthly Usage Differs Between Mac & Windows Computers. Why?

Ken K

Idea

Hi,

According to Evernote installed on my iMac, I've reached my monthly allowance of 60 MB. I can't make any edits to existing notes or add new ones.

On my Windows machine, I'm only at 48 MB, and can continue to add/edit notes at will.

Anyone know why there's a discrepancy between the two platforms? Doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks,

Ken.

3 replies to this idea

Log onto the web client & check your usage there (settings, I think). That's your true usage. Also, the desktop clients have to sync to have an accurate count. IE, if you did max out your usage on your Mac client but haven't sync'd the Windows client, the Windows client doesn't know you've maxed out. Also, you may want to empty your trash. Sometimes that affects what the desktop client thinks you have use/may need.

Log onto the web client & check your usage there (settings, I think). That's your true usage.

Yep, did that. It agrees with what my Windows client is telling me, 48 MB.

Also, the desktop clients have to sync to have an accurate count. IE, if you did max out your usage on your Mac client but haven't sync'd the Windows client, the Windows client doesn't know you've maxed out.

All of my EN clients have been synced—I have them set to sync automatically, at least every 15 minutes, so they should all know about my monthly usage.

Also, you may want to empty your trash. Sometimes that affects what the desktop client thinks you have use/may need.

I've totted what I have in my trash: 22 MB. Taking that and my reported usage of 48 MB gives 70 MB, which is 10 MB more than my allowance. (I thought the 60 MB maximum monthly allowance might be the sum of what's in my Trash and my reported usage; doesn't appear to be.)

I deleted all contents in my Trash, did a sync and my Windows client's reported usage is unchanged at 48 MB.

Still doesn't make sense, but thanks for your reply, BurgersNFries.

I deleted all contents in my Trash, did a sync and my Windows client's reported usage is unchanged at 48 MB.

The Windows client shouldn't change, since you say it matches what the web client says.

Since the Mac client is the one not matching what the web client says, you should empty the trash on the Mac client & sync. If that still doesn't fix the Mac client, then it sounds like you've got some unsync'd notes on the Mac client. There's a column with the "sync'd?" flag in list view. (At least on the Windows client.) Identify the unsync'd notes & move them to a local/non-sync'd notebook and try sync'ing again. That should get the Mac client back in sync with the web client (the source of all truths.)

Archived