(Archived) Problem Share

Hello, before sharing a note in the mail from our company, we received normally, now can not get anything, only received the email sharing for personal emails.

I got in touch with our email server and requested to release the server ip in the dns spf.Hello, before sharing a note in the mail from our company, we received normally, now can not get anything, only received the email sharing for personal emails.

I got in touch with our email server and requested to release the server ip in the dns spf. :)

Are you saying you're sharing a note and the users are not receiving the email you're generating in the shared area? Does sound like an issue with your email server. Let me know if changes you all make on that end persist.

I have a similar issue. I have been using EN for over 2 years on various platforms (Mac, iPhone and iPad). I tried to email email note from EN on iPhone and Mac and it never worked. The email seem to be sent properly but it is never received. Help!

If you're doing this from somewhere that isn't Enterprise (like an office, where barriers are possibly in place) I'd submit a support ticket to the link in my signature.

• 2 months later...

Does Evernote publish an SPF record that we can use with the include: directive?

I'm assuming you're a developer. Pulled some info for you and will PM it over. Not sure what you want to accomplish?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

We also need to know the sending SMTP servers for Evernote. Apparently the way Evernote works is by using your email address in the "From" line of the Share Emails. This is not good since it will break SPF. To fix SPF we need to know of all the sending SMTP servers used by Evernote. This can easily be accomplished by Evernote. Create MX records for each outbound SMTP server under a subdomain, for example: spf.evernote.com. Then what we do is add mx:spf.evernote.com to our SPF records. When emails deliver from Evernote we will validate the sending server by querying the SPF record.

You can contact me if you want more details.

Thanks,

Bradley

Does Evernote publish an SPF record that we can use with the include: directive?

I'm assuming you're a developer. Pulled some info for you and will PM it over. Not sure what you want to accomplish?

• 1 year later...

Maybe we need to include:evernote.com? Or maybe just Google's SPF record since it looks like they are using Google servers to their own corporate emails.  

"v=spf1 include:_netblocks.evernote.com include:_spf_google.evernote.com include:_spf_thirdparty.evernote.com ~all"

$ dig -t txt evernote.com

; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> -t txt evernote.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 371
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;evernote.com.            IN    TXT

;; ANSWER SECTION:
evernote.com.        85173    IN    TXT    "v=spf1 include:_netblocks.evernote.com include:_spf_google.evernote.com include:_spf_thirdparty.evernote.com ~all"

;; Query time: 6 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.100.23#53(192.168.100.23)
;; WHEN: Sat Apr 27 00:00:43 2013
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 156

Archived