(Archived) Font Problem On Secondary Monitor

Steve T.

Idea

Evernote 3.0.3, MacBook Pro w/OSX 10.7.2, ViewSonic VX2450 24" LCD monitor.

Evernote is the only app I've found that has this problem. Literally every other app from TextEdit to Chrome to MS Word works perfectly fine.

When I display EN on the MBP's monitor, the text font is crisp and clear. No problems at all. However, when I move the EN window over to the secondary monitor, the text in the note list and the note itself becomes "washed out" and jagged. To the point that it's unusable in that all I can focus on is the poor text.

As mentioned above, every other app works perfectly fine. Drag a MS Word window from the MBP monitor to the secondary, and I don't notice any difference in the rendering of the fonts. I've tried using different fonts in EN and always have the same problem. I've swapped out to an older monitor and the problem remains. I'm a recent Mac convert from Windows, so I hooked up the ViewSonic monitor to my Windows laptop. EN displays the font identically on the laptop monitor and the secondary in Windows.

This only seems to be a problem on the Mac. I have only a rudimentary understanding of how fonts work in OSX and am not sure how to troubleshoot this further. Logic says that this is an EN issue, as it's the only app the exhibits the problem.

Any suggestions?

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

I'd suggest that you file an EN support case for your issue.

I'm running Lion 10.7.2 and EN Mac 3.0.4 (206275) with multiple monitors and have no problems viewing EN on any monitor. So it may be something specific to your environment.

You might also try upgrading to the latest version of EN.

Archived