(Archived) Syncing stopped suddenly

brianpanderson

Idea

I've been using Evernote for awhile now and it's awesome. However, I just recently had my Mac version stop syncing. My mobile version and my windows version are still working. I can also login on my mac using Firefox and everything looks fine there. Here's the error message that I get:

"Evernote is unable to connect with the Evernote Service. This may be due to a network problem or service maintenance. Please try again later. If enabled, automatic synchronization will resume once the Service becomes available."

Here's the message that I get from the Mac console:

10/13/11 10:04:11 PM Evernote[4840]

NSExceptionHandler has recorded the following exception:

TTransportException -- Could not make HTTP request

Stack trace: 0x9a78fd24 0x920ac5a9 0x10b50b 0x98c96 0x98901 0x3da0 0x3e24 0x1af4be 0x1d2929 0x93c9d4c4 0x93c9d474 0x99a16259 0x99a160de

I have Mac OS X Version 10.6.8.

Does anyone know how I can fix my problem? I've tried removing the "Data" directory in the /Library/Application Support/Evernote directory to see if I can manually sync it up that way, but haven't had any luck.

4 replies to this idea

I'm having the same problem. Hope it can be resolved soon - latest update did not fix it. I've got important school work I'm trusting evernote with.

I'd recommend filing a support ticket. This will help us get the information needed to fix this asap.

thanks

Filed a support ticket - got a prompt response - thanks! Turned out to be a problem with a single note - they recommended trashing the note, emptying the trash and restarting evernote. I took a look at the note and noticed a pdf attachment that had no data - got rid of the attachment and sync worked fine after that. Not sure if that helps your problem, but it'd be worth looking at the activity log to see if you can narrow the problem down to a single note. ;)

Archived