(Archived) A few very annoying problems for the iPhone app

I have to admit, I love Evernote, just the idea is perfect for my desktop and iphone, but I have noticed a few issues that really annoy me with the 1.0 app

1.If the iPhone prompts me back to the home screen whilst typing a note, I loose everything I have written. This is BAD. battery prompts, web pages etc, or even the home button wipe content where it should be cached to come back to later.

2. The text entering field in the notes should be in an enlarging page format, instead of a set sized text field. Scrolling is hell when you have to use two fingers to scroll a box.

3. Also when you wish to either start typing a note, or type somewhere else in a note that you are writing, the top menu bar ([cancel] new note [save]) covers the first line of text.

4. The text size and editing of synced notes has already been addressed.

All these issues (particularly the first) will be why I have to move back to writing in Notes and emailing myself or Evernote account......at least until the next version.

thank you for an overall great app and service (i left you a very nice review on the australian app store)

Thanks for the feedback. #1 is a little tricky, since Apple doesn't allow any apps to run in the "background", but we'll think about workarounds for this limitation.

• 4 weeks later...
3. Also when you wish to either start typing a note, or type somewhere else in a note that you are writing, the top menu bar ([cancel] new note [save]) covers the first line of text.

This is particularly annoying and a temporary deal-breaker for me. No offense, but how the hell did this bug go unnoticed and unfixed in 1.2 let alone the original release?

In terms of #1, perhaps you can change the way "pending" works (I haven't checked, maybe it is, my phone is upstairs as I type this) and the moment you go to create a note it's saved there as sort of a drafts/outbox type area. then, when you toggle there, you can select which items to sync?

Just a thought

Archived