(Archived) Unable to find specific term

I am using Evernote 3.0.0.681 (32922). It works as advertised, with one odd exception: When I search locally (in the Windows version on the PC) for the term "todo" or "to do" (without the quotation marks), nothing shows up. I try this search in "All Notebooks" and in "All Notes." The search does work in the online version.

If I expand the term, for instance by searching for "things to do" -- a phrase I know is in one of the notes -- the note shows up when I am typing "things", but as soon as I add "to do", all notes displayed disappear.

I am using Evernote 3.0.0.681 (32922). It works as advertised, with one odd exception: When I search locally (in the Windows version on the PC) for the term "todo" or "to do" (without the quotation marks), nothing shows up. I try this search in "All Notebooks" and in "All Notes." The search does work in the online version.

If I expand the term, for instance by searching for "things to do" -- a phrase I know is in one of the notes -- the note shows up when I am typing "things", but as soon as I add "to do", all notes displayed disappear.

First of all, try to manually reindex your database. To do this, hit Alt+Shift+Ctrl+I and press OK button. Try the search after that. If that doesn't help, will look further into this.

You have to use the ""

"things to do" will work.

Ah! Alright, that works for me.

However, I can still not find any items that I have marked (inside the item) with "todo" (without the quotes).

Anton

First of all, try to manually reindex your database. To do this, hit Alt+Shift+Ctrl+I and press OK button. Try the search after that. If that doesn't help, will look further into this.

Done the reindex, but I can still not find any items marked "todo" (without the quotation marks).

Anton

Done the reindex, but I can still not find any items marked "todo" (without the quotation marks).

Anton, can you give a screenshot of the part of the note with the 'todo' text in there? Is this text surrounded with whitespace (i.e. " todo ", and not "$todo" or "_todo")? We do not treat the "todo" word as a special one, it should be searchable as any other word.

If you could send us the dump of some of your problematic notes, this would be great. To do this, press Alt+Ctrl+Shift+E on a selected note, the message composer window will show up in your mail application, with 'notes.dump' file attached. You can send this file to me to the address: a f a n [at] e v e r n o t e . c o m

Archived