We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard Feynman

(Archived) What is your favorite evernote feature?

For me, hands down, it's the ability to snap a picture from my cell phone and have it instantly appear in my notes across all of my devices. It's difficult to state just how valuable I find the feature, it's useful for everything from extremely important projects to everyday tasks. One thing I always wanted to do was create a grocery list of my favorite foods/brands but never bothered because it was too much of a pain. Now I just snap a pic of a food with my cell as whatever moment happens to be convenient, and then at my convenience when I am in EN I look at it and add it to a grocery spreadsheet that is also stored within EN, then I delete the pic.

I'd like to hear about other peoples favorite features and how they impact you.

Mine is keeping track of bills and and the corresponding payments.

When the mail arrives, I scan the bills into Evernote.

After I make a payment (usually electronically), I use the Evernote clipper to capture the webpayment confirmation.

No need for a file cabinet, just a paper shredder.

Do you have a way to scan directly into EN, as opposed to scanning to the PC and then dropping it into EN?

Yes, I have a Fujitsu ScanSnap that works perfectly with Evernote. Fast and takes up very little space on my desk.

The scan goes directly into my default notebook in Evernote.

http://blog.evernote.com/2009/05/07/scan-to-evernote-fujitsu-scansnap/

i scan everything with my smartphone directly. just using the snapshot option of EN. the cameras on smartphones are powerfull enough for quite proper scans.

so that's my favorite feature, take a pic of a document and having it directly on my desktop ready for e-mailing ore other actions.