(Archived) Image Editing

Harbinger

Idea

Any plans to implement image rotation or support for exif rotation data? I dragged a photo I had taken in the "wide" position from my iPhone, I corrected it in Preview but Evernote doesn't appear to respect the rotation data set by the application.

6 replies to this idea

Any plans to implement image rotation or support for exif rotation data? I dragged a photo I had taken in the "wide" position from my iPhone, I corrected it in Preview but Evernote doesn't appear to respect the rotation data set by the application.

We do plan to add some simple image manipulation tools into Evernote on the Mac, but you should have been successful with those steps.

I just tested this by taking a JPEG file from CNN.com and saving it to my desktop. Then I opened it in Preview, used "Tools > Rotate Left" to rotate it 90 degrees, and then "File > Save" to save the file back to my desktop. Then I dragged this file into Evernote on the Mac and it created a note with the rotated image. I synched this to the service, and it also looks fine on the web and on Windows.

How were you performing the rotation on your picture?

Thanks

On my iPhone 3g (2.02) any picture I take seems to get automatically rotated in Photos. When I look at the photo there it’s right side up. When I use “Saved Photo Note” to import that same photo, it comes in upside down (and doesn’t OCR). Since they are somehow automatically rotated by the phone, there’s no way I could find to manually do it on the iPhone.

Rob

Still having issues, not being able to rotate when taken. Sometime the orientation is correct, sometimes its not.

Any plans to allow rotate of picture in evernote?

It's possible through Preview, as Mr. Engberg had stated on his post. This is what you do:

• [*:1upkmvk2]Within Evernote, find the image or PDF that you need rotation and select it.
    [*:1upkmvk2]Right click the image or PDF and click open. If Preview is not your default image/PDF editor, instead, hover your mouse over the "Open with" and select Preview.
    [*:1upkmvk2]The image/PDF will open in Preview, but the files are saved within Evernote. So technically this is a bypass to allow some image editing features available from Evernote without exporting the image out, editing it, and reimporting it back in.

Archived