(Archived) Massive sync failure / missing notes

jbushnell1

Wanted to start by saying I love the service and have been very happy with it. (Pro user since January.)

I mostly use the Mac client, but I use the Android client regularly when I'm on the road. Tonight I tried to search for data that I knew was in there and couldn't find it. Going to the front page revealed that the phone client lists only eighty-one notes under the "All Notes" icon (in actuality I have around 12,000!) Additionally, it can only find three tags (I have probably around 150), and it lists no notebooks under the Notebooks icon.

I've rebooted the phone, re-synced Evernote, and even checked for an update to the mobile client (none found). I've tried all of this with both my normal data connection on the road, and my wi-fi connection at home, but I still can't get it to find more than those 81 notes or produce an error message. Baffling, and I'm having trouble finding others in the forum who are having similar problems. Any leads for me?

Best,

jbushnell1

As occasionally happens, I ended up solving my own problem with a little more troubleshooting. The solution (for me) was to sign out of the mobile client, and then sign back in, which must have washed something out of the cache. I'll keep this thread up for others who may be having the same problem.

Archived