(Archived) Adding window's title to note's name

It would be helpful when clipping non-internet resources (i.e. clip screenshot on your desktop) if Evernote could also copy the window's name of what was clipped and place it as the notes name or the url. Here's an example: most researchers have an extensive library of PDF research papers; also most of us have gone through a painstaking process of naming (and even adding metadata to) these PDFs (e.g. "Kreisel_2010_Einsteins relativity theory applied to contemporary politics.pdf"). A lot of these papers have figures or tables that are worthwhile extracting and putting in notes. Open the PDF, clip the figure to Evernote and have the window's name (most PDF viewers put the open file's name up on the window title making it accessible to the system) put into the name or url field of the note. Possible?

It would be helpful when clipping non-internet resources (i.e. clip screenshot on your desktop) if Evernote could also copy the window's name of what was clipped and place it as the notes name or the url. Here's an example: most researchers have an extensive library of PDF research papers; also most of us have gone through a painstaking process of naming (and even adding metadata to) these PDFs (e.g. "Kreisel_2010_Einsteins relativity theory applied to contemporary politics.pdf"). A lot of these papers have figures or tables that are worthwhile extracting and putting in notes. Open the PDF, clip the figure to Evernote and have the window's name (most PDF viewers put the open file's name up on the window title making it accessible to the system) put into the name or url field of the note. Possible?

Dedicated screenshot tools do this - clearly without the note-taking feature... - e.g.: Greenshot and zscreen

• Level 5*

I'm guessing that the lack of posts signifies a lack of ideas and or interest from the rest of the forum at the moment.

But, Evernote staff do read pretty much every post on here - even though they don't reply to each one.

Archived