(Archived) Lost non-synced notebooks after update

Luxamar

Idea

So I finally stopped putting off updating Evernote. I just got a new macbook pro, so I decided after the data migration from my old macbook, it was time to just update everything.

However, this update seems to have caused Evernote to forget the non-synced notebooks are there. The notes still exist on my hard drive (and most of them are still on the old mac as well), but I don't see a way to load them back in. I noticed an export option, which would help me recover the old ones, but I typed several new ones yesterday, and I'd have no way to get those back that way.

9 replies to this idea

So I finally stopped putting off updating Evernote. I just got a new macbook pro, so I decided after the data migration from my old macbook, it was time to just update everything.

However, this update seems to have caused Evernote to forget the non-synced notebooks are there. The notes still exist on my hard drive (and most of them are still on the old mac as well), but I don't see a way to load them back in. I noticed an export option, which would help me recover the old ones, but I typed several new ones yesterday, and I'd have no way to get those back that way.

I don't know if there's a question here or not.

I don't know anything about Macs. But on the Windows desktop, you can select notes (on your old computer), export as exb & then import the exb file to the new computer. Regarding the non-sync'd notes from yesterday, if you don't have a backup of your EN database from say, last night or before you updated EN, then there is no way to recover those. This may be a good time to implement (or update) your backup system.

• Level 5*

Those aren't exported files.

I'd suggest you either go back to your old computer and export the notes or instead email the notes to your evernote email address.

Correct, they are the data files for the notes themselves.

I will grab the old ones from the other mac later today. As for yesterday's notes, which are not on that mac, I'll try your email trick in a bit. Thanks!

Archived