(Archived) New note image preview incorrect?

adrianlbrown

Hi there,

When I create a new note from a photo taken from my phone using the "share" feature, the previewed picture is not the one I have taken. It shows the preview of pictures that I have previously downloaded from the net, or previous photos taken from my phone camera.

I have tried clearing the cache on all programs but I still get the problem. I have a Desire HD and am using Evernote 3.0.1.

Regards,

Adrian

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Which Camera app do you use to take pictures?

Earlier, we saw that some of camera apps like - eCamera is not able to generate the right thumbnail and hence all the apps would show a wrong thumbnail.

Thanks,

Hemant

I had the same problem. I solved it by deleting the folder called 'thumbnails' in the DCIM folder, presumably forcing EN to regenerate all of its thumbnail images.

I am just using the standard phone camera app.

Next time this happens I will try cleaning the tumbnails directory as you suggest logandb.

Only problem is sometimes the incorrect preview is of often of a picture i have downloaded from the internet??

I eventually fixed the problem by creating and discarding new notes with the camera until the correct preview came up (after about 15 discarded notes!!)?

I suspect it *may* have something to do with the image preview in ES File explorer and/or camera image preview as logandb mentioned??

Archived