(Archived) Narrowing searches with multiple tags

I want to select multiple tags by clicking on them and have Evernote show me only notes that contain all the tags. I can do it with this sort of search with advanced search. For example, I can search for notes with the two tags "people" and "tunisia" this way: "tag:people tag:tunisia". But I'd like to be able to do this simply by clicking the "people" tag and then my "tunisia" tag.

I think that delicious' search function is far superior to evernote's because of this feature. Not only that, when you select a tag, delicious only shows you the tags associated with the notes having the selected tag, so it's easy to narrow you search using just mouse clicks. Unfortunately delicious saves only URLs and whatever I write.

Apologies if this topic has been discussed before. I searched and didn't find it directly addressed (the discussion of parent-child tag searches is related).

Thanks,

z

• Level 5*

Click on

But I'd like to be able to do this simply by clicking the "people" tag and then my "tunisia" tag.

Assuming Windows, hold the ALT key as you click on tunisia and you should get what you want.

Thanks, guys! You pointed me in the right direction. If I click on tag1, I get the found set associated with that tag, and the search line says something like:

Viewing X notes from All Notebooks matching All of the following tagged with tag1

If I hold down the "command" key on my Macintosh and click tag2, the search line says something like:

Viewing X notes from All Notebooks matching All of the following tagged with tag1 tag2

This is exactly what I was looking for, the set of all notes tagged with tag1 AND tag2, i.e., their logical intersection. If I change the "All" to "Any" in the viewing line, I get the logical OR of the two tags. Sweet!

From now on, I will find you folks with the following AND search: "tag:smart tag:helpful" ;-)

-- ge

• Level 5*

One more thing: if you're dealing with the Mac client (which I assume, since you're using the Command key), you should probably post in the Mac-specific forum. Glad there was a solution for you.

~Jeff

• 2 months later...

Archived