Default Notebook question

Go to solution Solved by JustJayne,

Is there a way to stop Evernote from automatically putting new notes into a Default notebook?   I have three notebooks I use about equally and previously, if I opened one of them, and then clicked on Add New Note, it would create the note in whichever notebook I was had open.

After the recent changes, I noticed on my phone that every new note was getting placed in one of my notebooks that somehow got designated as my default notebook, causing me to have to take the extra step of moving the note where I wanted it to be.  At first I thought it was only happening when creating notes on my Android phone, but this evening it did the same thing when creating a note on my Mac computer.

I can see where to change the default notebook, but there's not an option to clear that field out.  It forces you to have something in there.

4 hours ago, JustJayne said:

but this evening it did the same thing when creating a note on my Mac computer.

I've just tried on the Windows desktop app (10.104.3) and pressing the green Note button creates a new note in the current notebook, so no change here. The keyboard shortcuts do the same.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Don't know if it's helpful,  but if you have a 'parent' ToC note in each notebook,  try creating a new note with the '/' command (new linked note) - that's automatically created in the same notebook.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...