Searching When Offline?

Why when I'm offline and try to search for a note Evernote says it can't complete the task?  When I'm online it searches just fine.  This is on a laptop with the Evernote app installed and sync'd

What do they mean with: "To access these notes while offline, make sure that you're already signed in to the app before you disconnect from the internet. Any changes you make during your time offline will be synced the next time your computer connects to the internet."

I was just in Evernote while attached to a Hotspot, searching worked just fine.  I left Evernote open and turned off my hotspot and tried to search again and got the following note from Evernot.

image.png.051e76025aef3a88128ef37cc4b990ad.png

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, Crites said:

What do they mean

Pretty much exactly what you did - keep Evernote open when you disconnect,  otherwise you won't be able to log back in... that needs a live internet connection.  And if you do change notes offline,  the changes are saved locally so they will update when a connection is available.  Searching,  unfortunately does not seem to be available though...

I can reproduce your problem: it occurs when restarting my pc and evernote offline. This is definitely unexpected behaviour.

The workaround is to close EN (file -> close evernote) and restart it. From then on searching is possible offline

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2024 at 7:23 PM, eric99 said:

I can reproduce your problem: it occurs when restarting my pc and evernote offline. This is definitely unexpected behaviour.

The workaround is to close EN (file -> close evernote) and restart it. From then on searching is possible offline

My

still unresolved in windows client 10.105.4: EN refuses to search offline if computer and evernote are started from the beginning with disconnected network