Create new note from highlighted text

Adeena

Idea

I would love to see this:

As a user, I highlight text then right click and have the option to create a new note. The new note is created in the same notebook as the original note.

Then I have the option to either delete the highlighted text, or replace it with an in-note link

• Like 2

3 replies to this idea

On 9/4/2024 at 7:04 AM, gazumped said:
  1. copy text and use the '/' command to create a new linked note

Adding a new command just adds more menu items and only saves a few keystrokes...

This is the closest that exists  but in the old/original note, it leaves the link as "Untitled." So what I'm asking for saves more than a few clicks... it also saves having to go back and edit that link. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  I can think of a few ways to (mostly) do this already,  including 

1. (On a desktop) copy and paste your text into a new note and add a link via '@'
  2. copy and paste text to new note via email
  3. copy text and use the '/' command to create a new linked note

Adding a new command just adds more menu items and only saves a few keystrokes...

2 hours ago, Adeena said:

As a user, I highlight text then right click and have the option to create a new note. The new note is created in the same notebook as the original note.

This functionaility already exists in the desktop version and the text being highlighted doesn't even need to be in EN. Highlight the text, copy it (Ctrl+C) and use alt+ctrl+V to paste into EN. However, It doesn't give a link to the original note, so if that is important you would been to add that manually.