Print Table of Contents not working

Idea

When I try to print a note with Table of Contents (automatic ToC recently introduced), the ToC section presents 'Unable to display' box. Is this a bug or something the Team is currently working on? I'm trying to print my exam revision notes and ToC is a critical part of my note.

• Like 1

6 replies to this idea

2 hours ago, 412237 said:

I'm trying to print my exam revision notes and ToC is a critical part of my note.

As a work around until it is fixed you can copy the ToC and use "Paste and match style" (ctrl+shift+V on Windows) to paste the headings as normal text, which should print out correctly.

21 hours ago, Mike P said:

As a work around until it is fixed you can copy the ToC and use "Paste and match style" (ctrl+shift+V on Windows) to paste the headings as normal text, which should print out correctly.

I can't seem to copy Table of Contents which have been generated automatically.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, 412237 said:

I can't seem to copy Table of Contents which have been generated automatically.

I've just tried and it still works for me on Windows desktop version, either by right clicking and choosing copy or using ctrl+c. 

1 hour ago, Mike P said:

I've just tried and it still works for me on Windows desktop version, either by right clicking and choosing copy or using ctrl+c. 

Lucky guy... 😤. I'm also ein Windows11-App 10.104.3 and cannot find any way to copy the TOC as text. Either it is copied as a real TOC (a placeholder to automatically update its content within the current note - you cannot copy it to an other note to hold links the the current one) or there is nothing instead the TOC (simply blank space) when using Ctrl-Shift-V.

BUT - we should not search for workarounds. EN itself tells us that they know about the problem and we should wait for future versions

image.png.050d92d14433ae75751cf8ca5052f662.png

Seeing that this problem persists since a long time, we might read the headline as "Unable to implement" 😞 and the "Learn More" seems like a hint to devs... 😉 

• Like 1

@AlbertR @412237 Apologies. The ToC I was testing this on was either an older incarnation of the ToC function or created manually from the "copy link to header" function on the header. When I've created a new ToC I can't copy it. The only solution I can think of is to add a screen shot of the ToC to the note.

Sorry again.

Thinking about it further it is probably a function of the ToC text being updated when you change the header (which hadn't been implemented for my older ToC that worked)