If I google Evernote high cpu, I see pages of hits.  If search the community formus, I see tons of posts.  Lots of things to try but none seem to work other than just use the browser version.  Many of the forum posts are marked as solved, but then you see lots of posts after the solved one, where the bug is still there.  Some of the posts get pretty technical, even to the point of Evernote using very old third party modules that are no longer supported/

If I put in a techsupport ticket, I get lots of automated emails but no support.  Is there a solution to this bug.  I'm really tired of having 20% cpu used when it's running.

Screenshot 2024-09-02 130644.png

The same thing happens to me on 2 computers with Windows 10 and neither of them have nvidia cards, on both I installed the application from the Microsoft Store.

On the first one the CPU usage increases to 100% (integrated graphics)
On the second one it increases to 40% (AMD Radeon R7 200 series)

On both computers there is a lag while typing,
Non-existent technical support, I'm fed up with sending tickets to a black hole.

There is a big difference in which version you are using: direct download version (huge CPU use!) or MS store version (moderate CPU use).

About getting help from Evernote: you don't. Your inquiries are sent to an external AI bot, which decides if your problem is worth noticing or not. In most cases it seems to go directly to a trash bin.

• Level 5

It doesn’t seem this is true. From several support tickets raised in the recent weeks, the process seems to be this:

You raise a ticket. It is AI processed, and an answer generated pretty fast. The top part describes some possible actions, selected by the AI. They rank from OK-ish to pretty stupid, and they don’t take into account things you already said in your ticket (like I restarted already or I am on the latest version already).

In the lower part they tell that if you want a follow up, you shall answer to that email, and provide the information listed. Again they don’t recognize information already send, like an activity log. 

If after sending a ticket you don’t receive this initial email, your ticket is doomed. Check if you have the correct mail address saved in your EN account, check your Spam folder. If you don’t answer the AI generated answer, the ticket will be roundfoldered.

After answering I had 3 possible outcomes:

1. The AI again, telling you your issue is already known and will be solved. Again upper part AI Blabla, lower part the option to answer again, providing more information.
  2. A member of the support team answering, either to confirm they got the ticket and will follow up on it, or with more questions.
  3. No reaction on the answering email

So far, so good. Support seems to be back working at all. What they don’t do is notify you when an issue was solved, to check if it‘s OK now. For this sometimes the bug tracker can help with more information. And they don’t answer in all cases where you ask for it, and they don’t answer all requests.

For the price of this app, I expect better. But I think it’s fair to recognize that they went from „out of business“ to „scrambling to keep up somehow“ in the last months. Maybe they will be able to improve further.

And the bug tracker is a nice innovation !

• Like 1