Can you go back to a previous version?

Hello.  Before I had to upgrade to Windows 10, the version that I used for my 40,000+ notes worked perfectly.  I upgraded and it is like night and day.  It is so sluggish and just awful.  I tried switching to Joplin, but I think I would like to just go back to my old version, and use Joplin for anything new that I might add.

Can this be done?

Thank you very much.

• Level 5

For me v10 does everything I need (and more).

Depending on your settings and usage it may be that you don’t have a full download on your drive. Then it will draw everything from the cloud, which feels a little sticky.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Your notes are stored on the EN cloud server. The desktop clients (The software you install on Windows or Mac) need this data to show you the notes, and allow editing. Usually they work from a local database, which speeds things up.

To build this database they need to import the data from the cloud server. It depends on several factors how fast this import happens: Speed of the internet connection, power of the local computer. Whenever you use the EN client, it will download in the background, and build piece by piece the local database.

Do you use EN only briefly, or for extended sessions ? When you don’t use it, do you leave it open in the background, or do you open and quit right after using it ?

• Level 5

If you have had it open for a longer time already, the download should be done by now. Older notes will need a conversion when opened for the first time in years, and this takes some time. Recent notes or notes that were opened already should act normally.

But for everything else, what you see is what you get.

There are ways to analyze speed issues, and maybe improve performance. But honestly I don't want to make you jump through loops and over fires, just to end up where you already are.