iPad Battery Draining with latest update

Anyone else seeing their battery draining extremely quickly on the latest iPad update?

Using my iPad this afternoon and it drained from 75% within an hour. Plugged in iPad and with Evernote open it drains quicker than it charges, with screen brightness turned completely down..

• Level 5

A high consumption only happened when I tried to download offline notes, and when I had a syncing problem.

After I stopped downloading for now, and the syncing is through, EN battery use is pretty low.

I am seeing battery draining extremely quickly since full install with latest iPad update as well. Download or offline notes shouldn't be any reason. 

2 small Notebooks with only a few notes fully downloaded. Slow connection with battery drain to All other notes.

Additionally: ios app often stops oprning with "temporarily no access" while there is full working WLAN connection. Closing and killing the app with new Start helps, but only for some notes... 

• Level 5

The RENT update (10.101.4) killed the existing offline downloads on my iOS devices. Probably it compatible - but they do it in the worst possible way: No notification, and they leave a ton of data in the iOS devices storage.

Trying to download again was #1 battery drainer, and it worked so slow that I broke it off.

The second drainer was as specific note with 2 pictures that didn’t sync. It tried to, but didn’t succeed, likely causing a loop which pushed up processing demand.

Since the note has finally synced, and I stopped downloading, battery consumption is back to regular levels.

On 9/6/2024 at 12:09 AM, Haicheng said:

Battery drain is still extreme for me whenever I use the app. What should I do?

My piece of advice Stop using offline notebooks

On 9/5/2024 at 4:58 PM, PinkElephant said:

Uninstall, dump all data the asked.

Perform a FORCED RESTART. If you don't know how, look it up in the Apple support documents.

Reinstall, log in.

It worked for me.  Thank you!

• Like 1