Concern about Evernotes attached files management

Howdie,

I was just looking at the Files view in Evernote, and noted that from a first glance, about 35% of the most recent modified files are ones I have not touched in months...

I suspect these are files attache to notes that I emailed to my account.  They are stored in what seems to be an Evernote created repository. 

I count on Evernote keeping, and helping me manage these files - I have not separately downloaded them to my own file system

I have heard from others that often files are corrupted that Evernote is managing

The Info about the PDFs in question, have very strange ´lasted edited´ dates.

Can we trust Evernote with our attached files?

Here is the info page from one PDF.   Note the last modified date.

image.png.70a28b8f89d623b582ce04b5ac813326.png

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, Grant837 said:

Here is the info page from one PDF.

Hi.  How do you generate an "info" page,  and why does that one show a c:\OneDrive filename?

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  How do you generate an "info" page,  and why does that one show a c:\OneDrive filename?

In any PDF viewer, you can, usually under the File menu, select ´info´   This is not an info page from Evernote, its from the file Evernote stored.

The file directory, is cut off... for privacy reasons... but this, it seems, is where Evernote stores my files locally that were attached to an email I sent to Evernote.

[Edit: its not that informative, so here is the total path: image.png.f04b5bba5ef4ede288e32119be345711.png]

Is that helpful?

Cheers...

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Grant837 said:

In any PDF viewer

Your viewer downloaded the file from your database to a 'local' destination from where it could open and if necessary edit the file content.  Files in the External Edits folder can be deleted if they take up too much space - it's nothing to do with Evernote.