Brother printer/scanner direct scan issues

I use my Brother MFC-J6925DW to scan documents straight into Evernote where it creates a separate note with the scan attached as a PDF. Most of the time, it works great, but occasionally, I encounter an issue where I see the note created (and the thumbnail shows the doc), but the body of the note just says "Uploading..." as shown in the screenshot.

This issue shows consistently on the web and on devices where I am using the Evernote app.

I did log a ticket about this over a week ago #3944542 but have heard nothing.

Anyone have any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

image.thumb.png.cfed7fe9d856581911df7411bb6e1b46.png

• Level 5

You find some advise on the forum if you search.

My advise is: Scan to folder, rename the pdf to something that serves as a good note title. Then drop it into an Import Folder, which creates the note and avoids rework, because it‘s already properly named

But the advantage of using the Brother Web Connect service is that I can walk up to my printer and scan a document straight into Evernote in to a dedicated notebook and then sort later.

With Scan to Folder are you referring to scanning from the Brother printer to a PC/Mac that is always on and then having Evernote sync?

• Level 5

You scan to a PC/Mac that is running, and has an Import Folder setup in EN settings. 

Scan into a folder (NOT the Import Folder) and do the renaming. The file name becomes the note title, so it set es a double purpose: The PDF is properly named, and the note has a readable title instead of a garbled number / character ID.

Save the changed PDF into the Import Folder. It will be imported into EN whenever the app is running on that computer.

You can have several import folders, each linked to a different notebook.

• Like 1