Issues with links in the header area of clipped notes

Ralph77

Idea

Until now I didn't even know what the official name for these was - but I saw it referenced this way in the change log for Android version 10.98.0, so now at last I know! So, by way of a screenshot, this is what is meant by a "link in the header area of clipped notes":

image.png.a73a81cca92624d9e8fb987eb2db84d8.png

I have some queries about these, and am hoping for some pointers as to how to deal with them. My main query is really whether these can be disabled - preferably altogether, but especially in Android?

One of the issues in Android is that, as far as I'm aware, the links cannot be edited or removed. If you wish to edit or remove one of these links, it needs to be done on the PC.

The other issue is that I simply don't want them at all - I'd much prefer a plain text link in the body of the note.

Any ideas please?

3 replies to this idea

Ah, the elusive "link in the header area of clipped notes"—the digital equivalent of a party crasher who just won’t leave! These links are like the clingy guests of the note-taking world: always hanging around the header area and refusing to let you edit or remove them directly on Android. If you want to rid yourself of these uninvited links, you might need to play the host and make those adjustments on a PC. It’s like having to change the playlist because someone insists on a song you’d rather not hear. If only they could be as easy to get rid of as an unwanted pop-up ad!

• Haha 1
  • Level 5

The link is there because users occasionally want to visit the source website. The clipped page is static and won’t update itself.

It is part of the UI, and it is a helpful element for me.

• Like 1

Sorry about my slow response - for some reason I didn't receive any email notifications so I was unaware that there had been any responses till I came back here just now.

@lawrence5894 thank you for a good giggle 😄

I first noticed these soon after I upgraded from Legacy to version 10, after which they even appeared in old notes that had not been updated in a very long time, long before version 10 was released. Although I could go through each and every note on the PC and remove them manually, this involves a LOT of work, and also has the added disadvantage that it would update the last-modified date of each of those notes, which would be disruptive.

@PinkElephant thanks, I appreciate that these are helpful to you, however they are disruptive for my workflow. I don't use web clips and prefer to visit the source website by clicking on its text link which I have already placed within the note body.

Anyway, I take it that it's not currently possible to disable the creation of these. I hope that they can be deleted from the Android app one day.