Printing problems

Go to solution Solved by Disappointed EN customer,

I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 and Evernote Desktop. Notes print to 8.5 x 11 just fine, but I want to print to 4 x 6 card stock. I have changed my Brother printer to 4 x 6 in but Evernotes does not give an option for that paper size. I have tried Evernote settings to A4, A5, and A6 but understandably it formats very poorly. Any work arounds or am I stuck?

Thanks!

• Level 5

Printing is ... basic.

I would create a pdf from EN, and then use this pdf to print. Choose the paper size, and "Resize to Fit".

The other possibility is this: Choose Print Note, from the box select "Further settings":

image.png.e52aeafd719c87f04d2e155e1acab893.png

Now choose "Print using the System Dialogue":

image.png.a1b83e7172160b7c4d5f2563b77753de.png

You should now have a ton of paper sizes to choose from:

image.png.a222122477434e212cf645f63a2f1a18.png

I just tried the pdf method you mentioned but the result shows some kind of box-like line around the text - kind of like the outline of a page. Do you know what that is all about?

Dave Green - 

That is a good suggestion. I tried it and the same thing happened  It almost looks like a print screen kind of look. Hard to describe. Right now I am copying the note to Google docs and printing from there and it comes out great. I'm sorry EN just doesn't cut. I imagine it will be fixed someday.

• Level 5
19 hours ago, Rad_Boy said:

I just tried the pdf method you mentioned but the result shows some kind of box-like line around the text - kind of like the outline of a page. Do you know what that is all about?

No idea - maybe it depends on the printer driver.