I opened my evernote desktop windows version from memory 10.94? First time it would not open. Restarted computer. It opened and asked me to recustomise home. Then I noticed that 95% of my notes have gone. On the web the notes are still there but none of the attchments open. Is anybody else experiencing this? What can I do ? Please help.

• Level 5*

Hi.  If your notes are still present on the web,  then the problem is with the local application.  Try a clean reinstall - 

Sign out of Evernote if it's active / don't save your data locally / use Revo Uninstaller Free (Win) or Appcleaner (Mac) to uninstall the app.  Power off and back on,  then re-download and reinstall from Evernote.com and leave Evernote running to rebuild the local data.  The new install is still initially a little slow - things get better after a few days.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  If your notes are still present on the web,  then the problem is with the local application.  Try a clean reinstall - 

Sign out of Evernote if it's active / don't save your data locally / use Revo Uninstaller Free (Win) or Appcleaner (Mac) to uninstall the app.  Power off and back on,  then re-download and reinstall from Evernote.com and leave Evernote running to rebuild the local data.  The new install is still initially a little slow - things get better after a few days.

Thanks. I did that and it worked but I am not sure it actually rebuilt a local database because it was up and running immediately. So I fear whatever was broken is still lurking. Is there any way of checking. It is a PC running Windows 11

• Level 5*

If you used Revo,  it will have removed every trace of your 'old' account and what you see is entirely a new installation.  An index of all your notes will have been one of the things that downloaded,  hence being able to see everything immediately.  Some services take longer (depending on the size of the account and your internet speed) - hence the possibility that things will run a bit slower until everything catches up.  But everything should be available and usable.