Glitchy Evernote downloads enex files as pdf file

I am trying to download notebooks as enex file. I haven't even gotten 15 notebooks downloaded, because the so called 'New but not improved but worse' Evernote', is that slow, stalling, hanging, crashing. It took me yesterday half a day just to get it downloaded to my other computer, just to see if things have improved, (Obviously not, it's worse then the last time I tried) and get signed in and it getting read to use.
I have 2 accounts, it would not let me open the other account, the one I need to get notebooks from, even online, until I removed the cookies 5 times, rebooted 3 times, forced me to used the damn Microsoft tracking app (Edge). I don't even know why/how it suddenly let me log into the 2nd account.
It's plain painful what they have done to a once good note app.
So, I spend almost all day just trying to get my notes so I can put them into either my other evernote account or another app. Right now I am fuming about Evernote once again wasting a perfect day, so definitely leaning more into ANOTHER APP! I already have one ready to go, not as good as the old evernote but better as this ***** and it's free, also still have my notes in Legacy on an older computer, only because of the aggravation this 'New evernote' is causing. I still use it heavily when I need to find a recipe because most of the time neither the android app or the windows app work good enough to be able to use my recipe when I need it, instead of when the app functions to let me use it ;) I am planning to close the 2nd account because they just told me they are going to charge me $129.99 from now on.  Time is of essence to get this done in time before they charge me
I know how to it is supposed to work, you select the enex file in the choices of enex, html, pdf, download and you are supposed to get a enex file not a pdf. 
I just looked at my files and all of them say pdf, adobe wants to open them? I tried to do the whole thing over, still shows PDF not enex. I need enex to keep my data intact. 
What's up with that? Why can't I download the notebook enex files?

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm confused - I don't think you can "download" notes to ENEX files;  notes or notebooks need to be exported to ENEX.  Those exports are only possible from the installed Windows desktop app.  If you have a lot of notes it's possible to automate the process through a GitHub page,,,,  https://github.com/vzhd1701/evernote-backup

I figured it out! I think. Evidently it now shows the enex file as a pdf file in your file explorer, even it is still a enex file. I was able to import one notebook from the file, it looks ok and has the original date and other data. 
But the opinion still stand, the new Evernote is still too glitchy, aggravating and I am moving one of these accounts to somewhere else.
Still need to try to use my regular chrome based, safe browser to log into the web and the app, now I am logged into it through the tracking microsoft browser.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  My Win 11 / Evernote 10.93.2 exports notes and notebooks as ENEX files.  If your file explorer shows ENEX files as PDF,  that's an issue with File Explorer,  not Evernote.  If it's possible to import a note or notebook,  then regardless of the display,  that file is an ENEX file NOT PDF.  (The import window will only accept PDF files).