Unable to copy tags from a note to other note(s)

sonoio
Go to solution Solved by sonoio,

Idea

This seems to apply to both web and desktop Evernote.

I often snapshot / bookmark webpages that are related (job postings / items I might buy etc) - and use 2-5 tags on a note before making other notes. 

It used to be possible to select the tags, copy, and then paste to other individual notes / or a selection of notes.
This no longer seems possible (and if you multiple select notes, then you would still need to redo the tag selection, so that would not be a helpful 'solution'). 

I have tried both via "edit tags" in the sidebar and the tags status bar at the bottom of a note - in neither is it any longer possible to select multiple tags so they can be copied.
(in the "edit tags" view a single tag can be selected only, at the bottom of a note tags are not selectable at all)

2 replies to this idea

• Solution
19 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

On desktop, select the first tag (in the row below the notes body). Hold <shift> and click on the last. Run the <copy> command, or ctrl/cmd-C.

Go to the note where you want to paste the tags. Click into the tag area, select <Paste> or ctrl/cmd-V.

The copied tags are inserted and will show.

It is a bit misleading that there is no visual feedback about the tags being selected. But they do copy, and they paste.

If you don’t want them all, click on the first, and then hold down ctrl/cmd while clicking on the others. Then Copy / Paste as before.

Thank you. Thank you! This works.
Verified this also works in the online version - but again there is zero feedback that any tabs (including the first) have been 'selected' and when you paste there is initially no visual feedback - it can takes 3-5 seconds for the tabs to appear.

NB this does not work in the "edit tags" popup window - where there is feedback that a tag has been selected, but no multiple tag selection (and obviously no copy paste)

In conclusion: it works, in one specific location only. Zero visual feedback. Seems fragile - like the kind of thing that is not tested for. Fingers crossed it keeps on working. But, for now, it can be done.

@PinkElephant - I didn't mark your answer as solution as I quoted it above and wanted to give further feedback (e.g. works in online version). Hope that's still good etiquette.

• Level 5

On desktop, select the first tag (in the row below the notes body). Hold <shift> and click on the last. Run the <copy> command, or ctrl/cmd-C.

Go to the note where you want to paste the tags. Click into the tag area, select <Paste> or ctrl/cmd-V.

The copied tags are inserted and will show.

It is a bit misleading that there is no visual feedback about the tags being selected. But they do copy, and they paste.

If you don’t want them all, click on the first, and then hold down ctrl/cmd while clicking on the others. Then Copy / Paste as before.

• Thanks 1