Shared Notes expire and doesn't work

starchet

Idea

Shared notes don't work after 1 day.  I am getting complaints from everyone with whom I have shared my notes.  What is pathetic is that I launched a complaint 2 weeks ago but no one has the decency to answer or reply.

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5

We are sort of faster with answering, let's see if it helps.

How did you share the notes ? There are several ways to do it:

• General link from a note
  • Sharing to email recipients
  • Sharing a notebook, which shares all notes inside of it

Then you say they don't work after 1 day. This means the worked initially, but after 1 day (24hrs ?) they stopped doing so ? How did the recipients try to access them ? In the browser, or in an EN client ?

About support: In my experience they are very fast now with the answer. Which doesn't mean the answer would help much - it is obviously created by an AI, and holds general advise that I could find myself in the help database, and usually a long list of additional requirements. Followed by nothing, way too often.

To add to @PinkElephant's advice you should also check whether the note is still shared. For shared notebooks that is most easily seen in the notebooks screen, shared with column. For individual notes there should be a green icon in both the snippet view and at the top of the note. You can find all notes which are individually shared by typing

sharedate:*

into the search bar.

• Like 1
On 6/18/2024 at 2:20 PM, PinkElephant said:

We are sort of faster with answering, let's see if it helps.

How did you share the notes ? There are several ways to do it:

• General link from a note
  • Sharing to email recipients
  • Sharing a notebook, which shares all notes inside of it

Then you say they don't work after 1 day. This means the worked initially, but after 1 day (24hrs ?) they stopped doing so ? How did the recipients try to access them ? In the browser, or in an EN client ?

About support: In my experience they are very fast now with the answer. Which doesn't mean the answer would help much - it is obviously created by an AI, and holds general advise that I could find myself in the help database, and usually a long list of additional requirements. Followed by nothing, way too often.

I am sharing general link from a note.  The recipients tried to access it through their browser.  They open when the note is shared initially but when my student goes back to the note again after a few days to refer something, it doesn't work.  

15 minutes ago, starchet said:

I am sharing general link from a note.  The recipients tried to access it through their browser.  They open when the note is shared initially but when my student goes back to the note again after a few days to refer something, it doesn't work.  

Please find attached the error when my student tries opening the note in browser.  The note is not private, it is still in shared note.

evernoteerror.jpg

You haven't said whether you have followed the advice given.

On 6/18/2024 at 10:21 AM, Mike P said:

check whether the note is still shared. For shared notebooks that is most easily seen in the notebooks screen, shared with column. For individual notes there should be a green icon in both the snippet view and at the top of the note. You can find all notes which are individually shared by typing

sharedate:*

into the search bar.

On 6/21/2024 at 3:17 PM, Mike P said:

You haven't said whether you have followed the advice given.

The note is still in shared mode.  I have followed the advice given but it's not working.

• Like 1

Sharing feature in general does not work. I have used Evernote since 2014 and stopped using it for a few years. Recently I decided to give it a try again. After MUCH frustration with the note sharing “feature”, I have decided to request a refund. Sorry Evernote… maybe one day you will have a great product — certainly there is a lot of potential.