Ability to collapse lists

nightwoof
Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

Idea

Please make it possible to collapse created lists so that notes overloaded with information are easier to perceive by collapsing some of the information

for example, the ability to collapse all list items:

• or separately with a subitem
    • or separately 
    • or separately with a subitem
      • or separately

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Hi.  Already part of the package.  Check https://evernote.com/download to ensure you're on the latest version.

Create a  Small header.  Type some text below it.  Go back to the header.  Look for a drop-down in the left margin.  Hide and display your text.  Now create a Medium header above the small one.  Look for a drop down in that margin...

• Like 2

Also, (unannounced) in 10.92.3 is the ability to expand or collapse all sections. From the three dots menu for the note 

image.png.58bef3d26f4006330c1020779e4ab09e.png

This was something I personally asked for in feedback (feedback@evernote.com) after collapsible sections were introduced. I've no way of knowing whether the feedback from me and others was influential but it does motivate me to continue to give the feedback in case it was.

• Like 3

Thanks friends. 
Indeed, some functions have become more convenient.
 I just don't know how to switch the new paragraph after the heading. 
If I use "input", the line is written in the last header, revealing the content and does not create a paragraph. I also can't create a paragraph between two headings. For the same reason, it is technically difficult to change titles and content in places (higher or lower).

It would also be nice to have a function for moving headers with their contents or adapting headers (or collapsing items) for tables.

• Level 5*

Not sure I know what you mean,  but to change the text under a single section,  collapse all sections and then open only that one.  Everything you see is editable.  To add a new section,  again collapse all - click the start of the section below where you need to edit and hit return.  Space it down a few lines and insert your new text.

I'll try to explain it this way:
for example, I have three sections with subsections. 
they are rolled up. 
if I want to add the text below it to any of the sections, I just press enter so that a new line appears:

>title 1
>title 2
>title 3 |*              

* - Flashing pointer (active cursor)

but it does not appear, and the line writes to the last section:

>title 1
>title 2
\/ title 3
|         
>subtitle
>subtitle

not like this:
>title 1
>title 2
>title 3
|

or like this:
>title 1
|
>title 2
>title 3

1 hour ago, nightwoof said:

It would also be nice to have a function for moving headers with their contents

If you select the heading and it's contents you can drag it around at will

image.png.3cf7e69c92460b5f2984b8b8a4adf786.png

If you create any sort of heading all the text after it will appear in that heading section. If you want to "reset" the heading you can add a divider line. See my explanation here:

• Like 1