Collapse and Expand all Headers/Sections on the note

brodrigue

Idea

It would be great if I had the option to collapse or expand all of the sections in a note. I love the new feature and I'm using it quite a bit in my larger notes but I find myself going from section to section expanding and then collapsing them one at a time. If there was an option, perhaps when hovering over the arrow or as an option in the / menu. That would be great. 

• Like 3

3 replies to this idea

10 minutes ago, brodrigue said:

It would be great if I had the option to collapse or expand all of the sections in a note. I love the new feature and I'm using it quite a bit in my larger notes but I find myself going from section to section expanding and then collapsing them one at a time. If there was an option, perhaps when hovering over the arrow or as an option in the / menu. That would be great. 

Agreed. People started asking for it as soon as collapsible headings were released!

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, brodrigue said:

It would be great if I had the option to collapse or expand all of the sections in a note.

Your use case 😉. My is based on better support of my keyboard like mentioned in 058 - Suggestions for TOC, anchored links and collapsed sections handling

• There are no keystrokes available to collapse and uncollapse sections
    • Writers would like to use their keyboard without mouse as long as possible
    • For the moment you can collapse and uncollapse sections only by clicking [>] and [v] icons with the mouse...
    • I'd like to get Alt-Right-Arrow and Alt-Left-Arrow to uncollapse and collapse a section below a headline or list item
      • Some would like to use Shift-Right-Arrow or Shift-Left-Arrow like Windows Explorer uses to open/close subfolder - but these keystrokes are used to select text within note editing windows. This behaviour should not be changed.
      • Ctrl-Right-Arrow and Ctrl-Left Arrow are also not a good choice because they're used to move the cursor to the next or previous word.
But possibility to collapse/uncollapse all might be a good idea also - I'll add it to my text.
  • Like 3