Hello,

I am running EN 10.86.8 on my Mac and I'm experiencing lazy loading in all my notes. It happens even with text-only notes and regardless of whether I'm scrolling up or down.

I have been away from EN for a longtime and I thought I'd come back to see how things are, as I am looking at moving from another project management environment.

Is what I'm experiencing normal for EN in 2024?

Please advise and thank you, in advance, for your help.

Hello PinkElephant and thanks for your reply.

I opened this account in 2021 and it has just been sitting there with about 30 or so notes in it.

I left when 10 came out because of the syncing issues.

I have always had the Mac app and the iOS app installed and I would go in and mess around to see how things were but then I would put it away for another 4 or 5 months until I tried it again.

My Personal subscription is up in about a week and I'm looking to see if it is worth renewing, or not.

Does all that above make me a revived old account?

I went to the online app and the same issue is happening there ???!!!

This doesn't happen with any other website OR when I am in other cache intense apps like Google Docs with a lot of images, etc.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks.

• Level 5

The thing is that with all the changed data structures, probably your database got corrupted down the track.

The best way would probably be to make a fresh install: Log out, quit the app, then remove the whole install using the app AppCleaner. Then restart the Mac, get a fresh download from the EN website, open and log in. This will create a new local database from the server.

Leave the app open in the background for a while, to allow it to make a full download.

If a Personal subscription is balanced by the value created in a light use case is another story.

Thank you.

I will give your proposed solution a try.

I noticed AppCleaner can be downloaded from multiple websites and I want to make sure I'm downloading it from a safe place.

Is this the software your referring to:

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

A question:

If I open another Evernote account, would it share the same database on my Mac? Would I have these same issues or would it be a clean install?

Thanks again.

Thank you for the confirmation.

A question:

If I open another Evernote account, would it share the same database on my Mac? Would I have these same issues or would it be a clean install and separate from the database that I'm currently having issues with?

• Level 5

Different users share the same client and install, but run on their own database each. It depends on the root cause: If something is wrong with the install, it will carry over. If it is within the database, the new user will do ok

• Level 5*

i have the same thing - don't believe it's database related as I've thrown mine away a few times.

What mac are you running on? And have you ever replaced the battery?

Hello,

Nothing seems to work. I totally closed the old account, cleaned up all the EN files, opened a new account with my business email, etc.

Plus, it happens when I'm in my account online as well. And I haven't even installed the Mac app yet !!! ???

I am running a MacBook Pro 15-inch 2019 and I have never replaced the battery as it's still working really well.

• Level 5

Just took out my MBP 15“ (2018), Intel i7.

It doesn’t feel as snappy as my MBP 14“ (2022), Apple M2 Max. But that’s no surprise, most apps just feel snappier on Apple Silicon.

But I wouldn’t call it laggy, it’s just that little blink less energetic.

You can check battery health in System Settings, Battery. 

You can check whether your database is stored locally. The option „Keep a copy of my data on logout“must be active. Running without local data will slow down the client.

That‘s all I can contribute here.

BTW there is no MBP 15“ (2019). The model year is the release year, which was 2019. The Intel MBP (2019) is the 16“ version.

This is my computer:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/111941#:~:text=MacBook Pro (15-inch%2C,) - Technical Specifications - Apple Support

And it happens both when using the Mac app AND when using Evernote via a browser.

It takes a few seconds for content to show as I scroll and it definitely impedes productivity because I don't know where I am in a note until it decides to reveal itself.

Maybe an update down the road will fix it - we'll see?

My current Google Workspace scrolling is "snappy" and normal with the same content.

• Level 5

Yes, just looked it up. I think compared to the 2018 15“ they only changed the available AMD GPUs, and maybe the keyboard. The last Intel MBP was then the MBP 16“. After that only Apple Silicon Macs.

Can’t tell you why it seems to be more laggy for you than for me, specially with a smallish account.

An observation:

If I scroll using my finger on the mouse new content won't show until I stop scrolling.

If I scroll by dragging the scroll bar there is no lazy loading and it works as it should.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, mikek72 said:

An observation:

If I scroll using my finger on the mouse new content won't show until I stop scrolling.

If I scroll by dragging the scroll bar there is no lazy loading and it works as it should.

Wow - same for me and I hadn't spotted that before. 

It's very odd.

same happens in the sidebar too

might as well file a ticket now you've proved it :)

For what it's worth #3888288

Thanks for digging into it though, dragging the scroll bar is at least a workaround for this annoying issue, particularly for long notes.

Also, I just noticed that the problem doesn't happen if you open the note in a new window.