How to find double notes

Hi everyone, I have a problem to solve.

I import many PDFs every month into EN with the "move file" function and it can happen that sometimes I import the same document several times.

Question: Is there a function that lets me find notes with the same title in Evernote so I can delete duplicates?

A thousand thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  Once a file or a note has been uploaded there is no great advantage in deleting duplications.  There's no saving - apart from the slightly smaller database size on a local hard drive,  or maybe a faster start up time on mobile devices.  The main advantage is a less cluttered list of search hits in individual cases.

There's no way that I know (so far) to search for duplicates within Evernote.  There's no easy way to list out all the note names names to look for duplicates there.  The only process available is to carry on using the app in the normal way,  and as and when you see duplicate notes in searches (use Side View and sort by title) you can tidy up the results by deleting additional copies.

The new Files section may offer some help - it's pretty much Beta at the moment,  but if it sorts al attachments into alpha order by name,  de-duping may be a feature.  You could suggest that to Evernote in feedback for future development...

• Like 1