Bookmark list

Dear Evernote, Please provide a way to list or browse  bookmarks by web clipper  from all folders. The "source:web.clip" option is not helpful.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you tried filtering for webclips?  Don't know how effective that is,  but I got 10,283 hits on my account...  If you simply need to list bookmarks,  I'd suggest you just keep one note with the complete list in a table,  and link - if necessary - to additional notes or notebooks with more details.

Some time ago I tried to solve this problem. The best I came up with was to find all webclips and then exclude things that definitely wouldn't be webclipper bookmarks. This is based on my usage of the webclipper - probably 90% bookmarks and pdfs. It still has plenty of false positives but is better than just looking for all webclips.

source:web.clip* -resource:image/jpeg -resource:application/pdf http

I think this is pre V10 so it is possible that the contains:  argument for the advanced search syntax might allow further exclusions.

Another approach would be to tag the webclip on creation in the webclipper dialog box. If most of your webclips are bookmarks you could even make the "bookmark tag" a default so you just needed to delete it if it wasn't a bookmark. Obviously not ideal as it's prone to human error. Perhaps a monthly review to try to spot errors.

contains:webclip tag:bookmark

contains:webclip -tag:bookmark

For the record I too would like the facility to filter by webclipper bookmarks but I really can't see it happening anytime soon - hence the suggestions of partial solutions to the problem.

• Like 1